Lash Artists have the potential to make six-figure incomes and that often entices people to this career path! But, we know that doesn’t happen overnight and often requires a side hustle or part-time job as you learn, perfect your craft, and build your clientele. Today we are sharing three side hustles for lash artists!
We all know lashes make such a difference on a client when you compare a before and after photo! To take it a step further, lashes AND brows done together are such a beautiful duo! Here are some brow service ideas that you could add to your service menu to increase your income:
- Microblading is currently taking the world by storm! Microblading is creating natural, hair-like strokes with a manual, handheld tool. You can become certified in this brow service typically in 3 to 5 days. Courses vary. You can take an in-person course and there are some online as well.
- This procedure usually takes between 2 to 3 hours and is a really great service to offer in combination with lashes. For example, an artist in Arizona offers a package called “Lashed and Bladed™️“ where she starts by completing a lash set and finishes the appointment by doing the first session of microblading. Offering a combo deal like this at a discounted rate is enticing to customers! You could do the services on the same day or split them between two, it is completely yours and the client's preference.
- This iconic brow service has led to many other variations and other great add-ons to make extra income as a lash tech. There are combo brows, Ombrè brows, and more! The sky is the limit for you!
Brow Tinting or Henna Brows
- If a client is not up for one of the above services, something you could offer them that has no downtime and can be completed at the lash appointment is Brow Tinting or Henna Brows. The overhead cost to get started with this service is very minimal. Most Esthetician and Cosmetology schools teach this so it’s something you could start as soon as you’re ready! This service usually takes around 30 minutes and has results that last from 3 to 6 weeks. Again, it is a great combo with a fresh set of lashes!
See our detailed instructions on how to do Henna Services in our blog post.
- Brow shaping is probably one of the easiest add-ons to a lash service. The client is already laying on your table and doing a quick, manual brow shape for them is like the icing on the cake after a full set or lash fill. You can take a facial or brow razor and quickly chisel off the stray hairs and shape up their brows. It’s pain-free, no redness like most people experience after waxing, and best of all it takes less than 10 minutes!
- We, of course, can’t leave out offering a brow wax! Very similar to brow shaping above, brow waxing is a great way to end a lash set so the client leaves with the highest level of confidence!
Offering any of these brows services will definitely bring you extra income. Whether it be several hundred extra dollars from microblading or a quick $10 add-on for a brow wax, adding Brow Services to your service menu is a great side hustle.
Spray Tans are another great side hustle for a lash artist. The overhead cost to get started with spray tans is approximately a few hundred bucks depending on where you buy your supplies. There are in-person training courses offered as well as training online, and you can get certified as a spray tan technician in as little as two days. Course times vary!
Spray tans can be a great add-on service to add to your service menu. Because the eyes are covered during the spray tan, a client who has lashes is safe to get one.
A lot of women get their lashes done for special events such as weddings or bachelorette parties, and adding on a spray tan could be a great way to increase your income! They typically last between 5 to 10 days and are a great confidence booster! Spray tan pricing varies but the average spray tan is between $35-$55. That can really add up over time! Give it a try!
Tiny tattoos are a newer and very fast-paced growing trend. These tattoos are small and delicate and are created with precision line work. Most of these are being done in the beauty industry by PMU Artists! Adding a unique service like this can make you stand out in your local area and help you reach new people and grow your clientele.
Most states don’t require you to be an experienced tattoo artist, but you do have to complete a tiny tattoo training course to ensure you have the proper education. Most courses are self-guided online and you can complete them at your own pace! Most of these tattoos take an hour or less! They range from $50-$150, and prices vary. This could be a very unique add-on for a client who is coming to you for lashes.
#PLAQuickTip: Adding any of these services also opens up the doors to a whole new world of content for your social media! Take lots of pictures and videos!
We hope these ideas inspire you today! If you try one, let us know! Wishing you all the success, Kings and Queens!